- Times News Video
A Deer Park fire crew monitors the situation after a tanker hauling liquid propane overturned at Oak and Third streets in Oakland. The incident occurred around 9:35 a.m. Wednesday. As a result, the business district and area residents were evacuated during the mergency response.
Overturned tanker upsets Oakland
OAKLAND — Two large commercial wreckers were being used at mid-afternoon Wednesday to upright a tanker full of liquid propane that overturned several hours earlier in downtown Oakland and forced evacuation of the business district.
- Park Service opens Canal Classrooms
- Eversole named 2014 Kelley Award winner
- South Cumberland home rebuilt after fire
- Mineral BOE gives $18K to library
- Local family says hosting New York City children in summer is ‘wonderful experience’
- Overturned tanker upsets Oakland
Allegany’s Tallia Logsdon (10) tries to beat the throw to first base during the Campers’ 11-2 victory over Northern Wednesday evening at Carl Belt Field in Cresaptown.
Alco beats Northern
CRESAPTOWN — Ashleigh Eisentrout knocked in four runs to lead Allegany to an 11-2 win over Northern in Appalachian Mountain Athletic Conference action Wednesday at Carl Belt Field, marking the 200th victory in the Camper head coaching career of Rick Twigg.
- Allegany blanks Bishop Walsh
- Christopher Newport tops FSU 2-1 on Nicely’s RBI
- FSU rallies, defeats Saint Vincent, 15-13
- Sports Roundup - 04/17
- Sports Calendar - 04/17
- Alco beats Northern
- Sports Poll
The first step
If all goes as planned, Frostburg State University will one day offer a doctorate in nursing, a physician’s assistant program and a new health sciences building on campus.
- Translations differ, but the message is eternal
- Closing the loopholes will help clear the regulatory waters
- Remember where your freedom comes from before criticizing
- Where to look
- Midterm elections give chance to return to American values
- The first step
- What do you think?
We’re certain that Donald Rumsfeld, who served as Secretary of Defense under Presidents Gerald Ford and George W. Bush, echoes what many Americans feel about the complexity of filing income tax returns.
When he filed his return, Rumsfeld sent the following letter to the Internal Revenue Service:
- Library week
- Terps need to move and move quickly
- Sunday hunting
- You’ll never guess who the real hero was (He was six feet tall and bulletproof)
- Early morning lunar eclipse this Tuesday
- We concur