- Times News Video
A Deer Park fire crew monitors the situation after a tanker hauling liquid propane overturned at Oak and Third streets in Oakland. The incident occurred around 9:35 a.m. Wednesday. As a result, the business district and area residents were evacuated during the mergency response.
Overturned tanker upsets Oakland
OAKLAND — Two large commercial wreckers were being used at mid-afternoon Wednesday to upright a tanker full of liquid propane that overturned several hours earlier in downtown Oakland and forced evacuation of the business district.
- Park Service opens Canal Classrooms
- Eversole named 2014 Kelley Award winner
- South Cumberland home rebuilt after fire
- School vaccination requirements change
- Mineral BOE gives $18K to library
- Overturned tanker upsets Oakland
Matt Kuchar reacts after sinking his putt on the ninth hole during the first round of the RBC Heritage golf tournament on Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harbour Town Golf Links in Sea Pines on Hilton Head Island, S.C.
Kuchar builds on Masters momentum
There were no major letdowns for Masters contenders Matt Kuchar and Jordan Spieth at the RBC Heritage on Thursday.
- Alco beats Northern
- Allegany blanks Bishop Walsh
- Christopher Newport tops FSU 2-1 on Nicely’s RBI
- FSU rallies, defeats Saint Vincent, 15-13
- Sports Roundup - 04/17
- Kuchar builds on Masters momentum
- Sports Poll
It’s a secret
Could someone enlighten us about why not even the names of the two entities bidding on development of the Footer Dye Works building can be divulged?
A Times-News article about the bids included an explanation from a lawyer for the attorney general’s office about the need to keep the names and other information secret at this time. Despite that, the logic of not divulging at least a little more information escapes us.
- What do we do about those who weren’t criminals after all?
- The first step
- Translations differ, but the message is eternal
- Closing the loopholes will help clear the regulatory waters
- Remember where your freedom comes from before criticizing
- It’s a secret
- What do you think?
We’re certain that Donald Rumsfeld, who served as Secretary of Defense under Presidents Gerald Ford and George W. Bush, echoes what many Americans feel about the complexity of filing income tax returns.
When he filed his return, Rumsfeld sent the following letter to the Internal Revenue Service:
- Library week
- Terps need to move and move quickly
- Sunday hunting
- You’ll never guess who the real hero was (He was six feet tall and bulletproof)
- Early morning lunar eclipse this Tuesday
- We concur