The LaVale Lions field along Braddock Road was recently renamed in memory of Ted T. Femi, who was instrumental in forming the Pen-Mar Little League and teams in Ellerslie and LaVale in the 1950s. Pictured is his first team, sponsored by the Ellerslie Volunteer Fire Company. Front row, left to right: Bobby Sheetz, Jack Lowery, Donnie Lowery, Terry Emerick, Ted Femi, Lanny Madden and Rich Lybarger. Second row: assistant coach George Lybarger, Frank Hansrote, bat boy Steve Faulkner, Fred Reith, Bob Johnson, Clark LeMaster, Chuck Bockhouse and head coach Ted Femi. The picture was taken after the Pen-Mar League’s Opening Day Parade in Hyndman in 1950.