As featured on
During a September journey following the Oregon Trail, we made a slight detour in southeast Nebraska to visit Homestead National Monument of America. We had toured this unit of the National Park Service on two previous occasions. Each visit was educational and the national monument wasn’t far off the path of our drive from Topeka, Kansas, to Kearney, Nebraska.
- Bullying of autistic child traumatizes area family
- Superintendent: Consolidating high schools 'doesn't make sense'
- Frostburg shooting at 'targeted' location
- Stolen vehicle sought after eluding Garrett County police
- UPDATE: Police say suspects developed, weapon recovered in Frostburg shooting
- Police seek Cumberland home invaders
- UPDATE: Police continue search for bank robbery suspect
- Police investigating Frostburg shootings
- Rocky Gap Lights by the Lake to include Saturday events
- Four injured in Garrett County crash