- Howard Peterson - Bowling
Fields rolls his first 300 of season
Dan Fields rolled his first perfect game of the season at Wilson Lanes scoring 736/300.
Corbin, Helminiak perfect
Two more local area bowlers were added to the growing perfect-game list for the 2009-2010 bowling season.
Chad Gable’s 763 leads area
Chad Gable bowled 763/279 at White Oaks to lead local area bowlers for the week.
Lease’s 792/269 week’s high
Buck Lease scored a pair of 700’s during the week including the area high of 792/269 at The Bowler. Travis Walters scored a big 289 game and 736 set and was next high.
Smith rolls 300 game, Coughlin 700 set
Troy Smith rolled another perfect game scoring 695/300 in the Thursday Night Mixed League at White Oak Lanes.
Greene’s 788/299 week’s top score
Bob Greene rolled a near perfect 299 game and 788 set for the week’s top score in the local area. Greene also scored a 747 set that same evening.
Evans, Williams roll 300
Shawn Evans in the County League at The Bowler rolled a perfect game in his 698 set. In the AARP Seniors League, Paul Williams also scored a perfect game in his 705 set. Too bad that league in not sanctioned, missing out on national recognition plus personal awards.
- Davis perfect, Gable leads area, Richards top senior No scores from The Bowler this week. Snow kept me from picking them up. (Should have gotten them early on Tuesday.) I will include them in next week’s column.
- Walters area’s top roller Peyton Hartman put together a triple-double Thursday evening in leading Keyser to a 12-point, 61-49, win over hosting Hampshire.
- Yates’ 813/300 best of blockbuster week Some kind of a record was set for the week in local area bowling centers. An 800 and four 300s plus five scores of 280-plus were bowled in the local area. A very large number of games with 10 or more strikes.
- More Howard Peterson - Bowling Headlines
- Fields rolls his first 300 of season