BREEZEWOOD, Pa. — One person was fatally injured in a two-vehicle crash Saturday on Route 30, a mile east of Breezewood, according to Pennsylvania State Police at Bedford.
The victim, who was a passenger in one of the vehicles, was not identified.
Police said the accident occurred shortly after 9 a.m., when an eastbound 2003 Chevy Silverado truck operated by Michael M. McKinney, of Washington, La., lost control in a turn, entered the westbound lane and then struck the passenger door of a 2011 Chrysler Cross Country vehicle operated by Wayne E. Stawartz, of Venetia, Pa.
Stawartz was taken to Bedford Hospital for treatment of unknown injuries.
McKinney was not injured. A passenger in his vehicle was pronounced dead at Bedford Hospital, according to Trooper M. McCullough.
- Latest news
- Independent candidate challenges Delegate Daryl Cowles
10 things to know for today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
Veterans crisis center coming to Clarksburg, W.Va.
CLARKSBURG, W.Va. (AP) — The long delays for veterans seeking medical care at VA hospitals have prompted The American Legion to plan a short-term crisis center in Clarksburg.
- Carnell passes Pitman Crane to Frederick's Crane Service, LLC
- Bosley returns as Southern's head coach
- City seeks superstar nominations
- Oakland motorcyclist in critical condition
- City native earns Senatorial Medal of Freedom
- Repairs planned for Braddock Run behind Lions field
- Roads closed for weekend hill climb
- More Latest news Headlines