For the Cumberland Times-News
CUMBERLAND — Community groups that wish to receive support from Cumberland’s hotel/motel funds will present their requests at today’s 6:15 p.m. public meeting in City Hall.
The city will also accept financing for Community Legacy Projects in the form of a grant or loan up to $495,000.
Other agenda items include support of a YMCA program to provide outdoor recreation and health lifestyle choices for youth, families and low-income teens.
The city also has five orders to consider as a consent agenda, which can be voted on collectively:
• A $560,000 Appalachian Regional Commission grant for the Head Start center.
• Contract increase with Arnold’s Lawn Care for mowing.
• Employment agreement for GSI mapping technician.
• A $218,469 Governor’s Office Safe Streets grant.
• Employment agreements for Safe Streets grant program coordinator and crime analyst.
Correspondence includes requests for a Great Allegany Run special events permit and closure of Virginia Avenue for the South End Street Fair.
Public comments are limited to five minutes per person.
The mayor and City Council will meet in closed administrative session at 5:30 p.m. to discuss personnel matters.