Cumberland Times-News

March 11, 2014

Fire leaves Friendsville man homeless

From Staff Reports
Cumberland Times-News

— FRIENDSVILLE — A Friendsville man has been left homeless after a Tuesday morning accidental fire damaged the residence where he lived at 6842 Friendsville Road, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office.

Robert Pavor lived in a single-story, wood-framed home owned by Mary Jane Tabor. It took 30 volunteer firefighters a half-hour to bring the fire under control, the fire marshal’s office said.

A wall electrical outlet in an interior utility room malfunctioned and ignited nearby combustibles, causing $30,000 in damage to the home and $20,000 to its contents.

The fire was discovered by a passerby at 9:04 a.m.

The fire marshal’s office was assisted by Maryland State Police. Responding fire companies included Friendsville, Deep Creek, Accident, Bittinger, Oakland and Addison, Pa.