CUMBERLAND — Authorities are attempting to locate an 86-year-old Cash Valley Road man who reportedly left his residence at about 2:30 p.m. Thursday and failed to return home.
Billie Eugene Smith is 5 feet, 11 inches tall, weighs 175 pounds, has brown eyes, gray hair and wears glasses. When last seen, he was wearing a blue wind breaker jacket, according to Maryland State Police.
Smith is believed to be driving a 2002 Dodge Dakota pickup truck with a matching utility cap and displaying Maryland license plate 308854.
Smith failed to pick up a family member at the Country Club Mall at 5 p.m. Thursday as planned.
Police said Smith had been seen in the Springs, Pa., area at about 5 p.m. Thursday and had possibly gone to gather firewood.
Smith is also known to frequent the Green Ridge State Forest and Artemas, Pa., areas.
Anyone with information concerning Smith and his whereabouts is asked to contact the Cumberland barrack duty officer at 301-729-2101.
- Latest news
- Corbett, coal interests rally before EPA hearings
- Journey of Hope to raise over $500,000 for charity
- NIH scientists find new genetic risk factors for Parkinson’s
- Housing Authority employees charged with felony theft
- Possible agreement reached between firefighters and city
- Many migrant children relocating with family
- LaVale woman earns First Year Teacher Award
Garrett County pre-K providers to receive $42,000 in grants
Garrett County providers will receive $442,000 in grants as part of Maryland’s Prekindergarten Expansion Act of 2014.
The Garrett County Community Action Committee Inc. received $112,000 to open up an additional or new pre-K in the southern end of the county and $330,00 to add two elementary schools, Grantsville and Friendsville, to the Judy Center, according to Duane Yoder, president of GCCAC.
- Trapping instruction scheduled
- Learn to hunt small game
- More Latest news Headlines