CUMBERLAND — As the General Assembly session moves towards an end Monday, several pieces of legislation with local impacts are working their way towards passage. In addition, funding has been secured through state bond bills for four organizations in Garrett and Allegany counties. Look for details in the Sunday and Monday editions of the Times-News, in print or online.
- Latest news
- NTSB: Broken rail behind derailment that killed college students
- Congress heads to summer break as immigration gridlock holds
Three Petersburg residents arrested for alleged involvement in heroin distribution
Three Petersburg residents were arrested on charges contained in a 24-count indictment returned by a federal grand jury that alleges that they were involved in a conspiracy to distribute heroin. A total of nine arrests were made and the heroin distribution occurred from 2008 to July 22, 2014, in the Berkeley, Jefferson, Grant and Hardy counties, according to U.S. Attorney William Ihlenfeld, II.
- SBA flood disaster loans available
- Woman charged in credit card theft
- Council to decide fate of mobile home park
- Rate increase agreement on table for Pinto, Highland Estates
- Police investigate arson incidents
- Police locate teen fugitive wanted in three counties
- Agreement on Pinto, Highland Estates water rates
- More Latest news Headlines