Debbie Hartman, left, branch manager/children’s librarian at the George’s Creek Library, reads “The Great Christmas Crisis” during Story Time on Wednesday evening at the library. The library, located at 76 Main St. in Lonaconing, holds Story Time every Wednesday from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. For more information, contact the library at 301-463-2629.
- Local News
- MDE: Water quality improvements made
10 things to know for today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
W.Va. wants to sell surplus property to students
DUNBAR, W.Va. (AP) — West Virginia officials are telling college students to look through the state’s surplus property to save money on furniture or a used car.
Hagerstown man struck, killed while walking
HAGERSTOWN, Md. (AP) — Maryland State Police are investigating the death of a Hagerstown man who was struck and killed by a car while walking on U.S. 40 west of the city.
- Corbett, coal interests rally before EPA hearings
- Journey of Hope to raise over $500,000 for charity
- NIH scientists find new genetic risk factors for Parkinson’s
- Housing Authority employees charged with felony theft
- Possible agreement reached between firefighters and city
- Many migrant children relocating with family
- More Local News Headlines