Alice Snyder of Frostburg, a volunteer with Emmanuel United Methodist Church near Frostburg coats a maple egg in chocolate at the church Friday. On pace to match last year’s 14,000 chocolate Easter eggs, volunteers have made more than 11,000 eggs since January, according to Bev Malone, the church’s youth director. Malone said that in 1993, the first year the church began making the candy, volunteers made 250 eggs. For more information, call 301-689-1570.
- Local News
- Gun law based on flawed estimate
- Pa. heart transplant recipient sentenced to 35 years in child porn case
Cemetery group renews funding request
A local cemetery organization revived a request for funding from marriage license fees at Thursday’s Allegany County Commission meeting. Backing the request were Del. LeRoy Myers Jr. and the Rev. Alfred Dees of the Metropolitan A.M.E Church.
Airport Authority to put Md. meeting act in bylaws
The Potomac Highlands Airport Authority voted 6-1 on Thursday to add the Maryland Open Meeting Act into their bylaws.
Project AIM discussed at teen pregnancy conference
Attendees at the recent National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Conference in Washington learned about how to maintain a successful project from Sharon Cihlar, sustainability coordinator for the Cumberland YMCA Project AIM.
- Deadly tornado rips through Virginia campground
- Hidden cameras and wild behavior
- Local students receive citation
- Fisher's family: 'We are all shocked'
- Hotline for health services opens Friday
- More Local News Headlines