Beitzel Corp. employees install new rocks on the Adventure Sports Center International’s manmade whitewater racing course at McHenry. McLaughlin Whitewater Design Group mapped out the original course and is a part of current adjustments along with Whitewater Parks International. ASCI will host the Deep Creek 2014 International Canoe Federation Canoe Slalom World Championships Sept. 17-21. Considered an engineering marvel, the Garrett County waterway is the only mountaintop re-circulating whitewater course in the world.
- Local News
- Corbett, coal interests rally before EPA hearings
- Journey of Hope to raise over $500,000 for charity
- NIH scientists find new genetic risk factors for Parkinson’s
- Housing Authority employees charged with felony theft
- Possible agreement reached between firefighters and city
- Many migrant children relocating with family
- LaVale woman earns First Year Teacher Award
Garrett County pre-K providers to receive $42,000 in grants
Garrett County providers will receive $442,000 in grants as part of Maryland’s Prekindergarten Expansion Act of 2014.
The Garrett County Community Action Committee Inc. received $112,000 to open up an additional or new pre-K in the southern end of the county and $330,00 to add two elementary schools, Grantsville and Friendsville, to the Judy Center, according to Duane Yoder, president of GCCAC.
- Trapping instruction scheduled
- Learn to hunt small game
- More Local News Headlines