Doug Hutchins, owner of Cumberland Trail Connection, caps a bottle filled with home brew as he teaches a brewing class on Saturday at the Canal Place shop. Trail Connection, a bike shop, also sells home brew supplies. Pictured, from left, are Ed Dignam, student; Kevin Twigg, Trail Connection manager; Hutchins; and Roy Bittinger and Chris Dignam, students.
- Local News
First foreign exchange student makes Alco’s 50-year reunion
The rapidly changing environment of the 1960s ushered in many changes, including a new program in Allegany County that brought the first foreign exchange student, Cathy Rogers of Australia, here in August 1963 to attend Allegany High School for a year.
- Hampshire marketplace proposed
- Rocky Gap gets new park manager
- Council to determine if residents must vacate
- Garret County to discuss easements, grants, sewer plan and more
- Look for the YMCA Project AIM bulletin boards
- SBA flood loan center to be opened
- Mineral County issues advisory message
- From tax-free shopping to Frankenstein, August features a weird mix
- City resident wins medals at 2014 Transplant Games
- More Local News Headlines
- First foreign exchange student makes Alco’s 50-year reunion