Hailey Stair, a third grader at HOPE for Hyndman Charter School, participates in the school’s Jump Rope for Heart fundraising event Friday. The event benefits the American Heart Association with HOPE for Hyndman raising nearly $2,000. The top five earners raised almost $600 of the total.
- Local News
- Gun law based on flawed estimate
- Pa. heart transplant recipient sentenced to 35 years in child porn case
Cemetery group renews funding request
A local cemetery organization revived a request for funding from marriage license fees at Thursday’s Allegany County Commission meeting. Backing the request were Del. LeRoy Myers Jr. and the Rev. Alfred Dees of the Metropolitan A.M.E Church.
Airport Authority to put Md. meeting act in bylaws
The Potomac Highlands Airport Authority voted 6-1 on Thursday to add the Maryland Open Meeting Act into their bylaws.
Project AIM discussed at teen pregnancy conference
Attendees at the recent National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Conference in Washington learned about how to maintain a successful project from Sharon Cihlar, sustainability coordinator for the Cumberland YMCA Project AIM.
- Deadly tornado rips through Virginia campground
- Hidden cameras and wild behavior
- Local students receive citation
- Fisher's family: 'We are all shocked'
- Hotline for health services opens Friday
- More Local News Headlines