Participants in the 10th annual Hooley Plunge make a quick exit from the icy waters of Lake Habeeb Saturday morning at Rocky Gap State Park. Proceeds from the the event, which featured hundreds of area residents, benefited the Special Olympics of Allegany County and other local programs for the developmentally disabled. For more on this year’s Special Olympics Maryland Winter Games, see story on Page 1B.
- Local News
- Shooting suspects arrested at Altoona mall
- Firefighters Union wants county paramedics to unionize
Former Redskins owner's granddaughter wants team name change
WASHINGTON (AP) — A granddaughter of the man who named the NFL’s Washington Redskins says the team should change its name.
Directing Allegany County's school bus operation is serious business
On Aug. 25, 130 school buses will begin transporting about 6,000 students on the roads and streets of Allegany County.
- New business opens in Bedford
- Rawlings water funding approved
- A Monthly Summary of Sky Events
- Comprehensive plan vote scheduled
- Manchin reps to meet with veterans
Mount Savage fire caused by faulty outlet
Tuesday’s fire that caused an estimated $30,000 property loss in a residence on Iron Rail Street has been determined to be accidental, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office.
- More Local News Headlines