Instructor Marc DeLaney helps Allegany County students Caitlin Rosenberger and Brady McKinley identify unicellular organisms during Outdoor School Tuesday at the Western Maryland 4-H Center off state Route 495 in the Bittinger area. Rosenberger is among 60 students from Cresaptown Elementary School attending the school, and McKinley is part of a group of 50 pupils from West Side Elementary.
- Local News
- Housing Authority employees charged with felony theft
- Possible agreement reached between firefighters and city
- Many migrant children relocating with family
- LaVale woman earns First Year Teacher Award
Garrett County pre-K providers to receive $42,000 in grants
Garrett County providers will receive $442,000 in grants as part of Maryland’s Prekindergarten Expansion Act of 2014.
The Garrett County Community Action Committee Inc. received $112,000 to open up an additional or new pre-K in the southern end of the county and $330,00 to add two elementary schools, Grantsville and Friendsville, to the Judy Center, according to Duane Yoder, president of GCCAC.
- Trapping instruction scheduled
- Learn to hunt small game
- Off-road vehicle trail plan moves forward
No injuries in house fire in Keyser
No one was injured in an attic fire that occurred in a double house located on 202 Argyle Street at 9:20 a.m. today, according to the Mineral County 911 center.
- Westernport water to be off
- More Local News Headlines