— Frostburg State University Children’s Center student Noah Lennon-Puthoff pushes a strawberry plant into the soil with help from ethnobotany undergraduate student Chris Massimino in a community garden for the children located behind the center on the FSU campus. The garden will provide children with hands-on interaction with the environment and will be available for children to participate in planting events in early May and harvesting in early September of each year.
- Local News
- Corbett, coal interests rally before EPA hearings
- Journey of Hope to raise over $500,000 for charity
- NIH scientists find new genetic risk factors for Parkinson’s
- Housing Authority employees charged with felony theft
- Possible agreement reached between firefighters and city
- Many migrant children relocating with family
- LaVale woman earns First Year Teacher Award
Garrett County pre-K providers to receive $42,000 in grants
Garrett County providers will receive $442,000 in grants as part of Maryland’s Prekindergarten Expansion Act of 2014.
The Garrett County Community Action Committee Inc. received $112,000 to open up an additional or new pre-K in the southern end of the county and $330,00 to add two elementary schools, Grantsville and Friendsville, to the Judy Center, according to Duane Yoder, president of GCCAC.
- Trapping instruction scheduled
- Learn to hunt small game
- More Local News Headlines