Ryanne Michael of Petersburg, W.Va., meets Justin Bieber at his recent concert in Pittsburgh. Michael took a cardboard cutout of Bieber to her senior prom five months ago when her date backed out. Then friends surprised her with the concert ticket as a graduation gift. Later she learned she would have the chance to meet him and with the help of her mom, Andrea Michael, and grandmother, Virginia Hedrick, put together a Justin Bieber skirt using duct tape, fabric and Velcro. Michael gave Bieber a photo album that had all the pictures from the prom and a West Virginia hat.
- Local News
- Journey of Hope to raise over $500,000 for charity
- NIH scientists find new genetic risk factors for Parkinson’s
- Housing Authority employees charged with felony theft
- Possible agreement reached between firefighters and city
- Many migrant children relocating with family
- LaVale woman earns First Year Teacher Award
Garrett County pre-K providers to receive $42,000 in grants
Garrett County providers will receive $442,000 in grants as part of Maryland’s Prekindergarten Expansion Act of 2014.
The Garrett County Community Action Committee Inc. received $112,000 to open up an additional or new pre-K in the southern end of the county and $330,00 to add two elementary schools, Grantsville and Friendsville, to the Judy Center, according to Duane Yoder, president of GCCAC.
- Trapping instruction scheduled
- Learn to hunt small game
- Off-road vehicle trail plan moves forward
- More Local News Headlines