Students at Frostburg State University danced on Thursday as part of One Billion Rising, an event sponsored by V-Day International to draw attention to the fact that one billion women around the world will be sexually assaulted in their lifetime. From left are Jenaee McWhirter, president of FSU’s Students for Womans’ Issues; Jazymn Jones, secretary of Students for Womans’ Issues; and David Branch, Te-Vaughn Hicks and Chris Inskeep of Iota Phi Theta fraternity.
- Local News
- City grieves passing of Mark Fisher
- Hotline for health services opens Friday
Keyser City Council working hard to fight blight
“We are not ignoring what we are hearing of the blighted property complaints. We are starting to get into it pretty heavily again,” said Mayor Randy Amtower during the council meeting Wednesday.
- Congregation announces move back to temple
- Steam engine delivered from Baltimore
- Two arrested in Oakland on drug charges
- You can apply now for a Md. bear hunting permit
Veteran Frostburg firefighter new state investigator
Frostburg volunteer firefighter Michael D. Hanson is the newest state fire investigator.
- Work closes portion of Centre Street
- Mathias native heads W.Va. natural resources law enforcement
- More Local News Headlines