John Robinett of Mount Savage puts finishing touches on the O. Delbert Proudfoot marble rings at Cumberland’s Constitution Park. Robinett, whose son Brandon has been the city marbles champion for the past three years, re-poured two of the concrete pads and repainted all three rings. He made arrangements with the city Parks and Recreation Department to volunteer to complete the work and had the paint donated by Valspar. Brandon Robinett will return to the rings when the boys compete May 21. The girls are scheduled to begin the city tournament the day before.
- Local News
- Maryland celebrates Farmers' Market Week
- Tips to celebrate National Family Fun month in August
First foreign exchange student makes Alco’s 50-year reunion
The rapidly changing environment of the 1960s ushered in many changes, including a new program in Allegany County that brought the first foreign exchange student, Cathy Rogers of Australia, here in August 1963 to attend Allegany High School for a year.
- Hampshire marketplace proposed
- Rocky Gap gets new park manager
- Council to determine if residents must vacate
- Garret County to discuss easements, grants, sewer plan and more
- Look for the YMCA Project AIM bulletin boards
- SBA flood loan center to be opened
- Mineral County issues advisory message
- More Local News Headlines