Mike Lowery of Ellerslie uses a fly rod and lure to fish Easter Sunday in Jennings Run near Corriganville. Saturday marked the traditional opening day of Maryland’s 2013 trout season.
- Local News
National parks in Maryland pull in more than six million people
A new National Park Service report shows that more than six million visitors to national parks in Maryland spent $212.7 million and supported 2,689 jobs in the state in 2013.
- Rawlings water funding approved
- A Monthly Summary of Sky Events
- Comprehensive plan vote scheduled
- Manchin reps to meet with veterans
Mount Savage fire caused by faulty outlet
Tuesday’s fire that caused an estimated $30,000 property loss in a residence on Iron Rail Street has been determined to be accidental, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office.
- Writers to read works in Frostburg
- More than 500 minors fleeing to U.S. housed in PA
- Frostburg street closure announced
Maryland church built in 1773 ravaged by fire
HEBRON, Md. (AP) — Authorities say a 241-year-old church on the National Register of Historic Places has been ravaged by fire in Maryland.
- More Local News Headlines
- National parks in Maryland pull in more than six million people