Allegany College of Maryland Physical Therapy Program students watch Wednesday as John Michaels, assisant director of Resources for Independence, operates the electric power lift on a Ford E-350 four-wheel-drive van that has been specially modified for his needs by the Ford Motor Co. Michaels talked to the students and answered questions before the demonstration. The floor of the vehicle has been lowered and the roof raised. Michaels drives the van using special controls.
- Local News
- Corbett, coal interests rally before EPA hearings
- Journey of Hope to raise over $500,000 for charity
- NIH scientists find new genetic risk factors for Parkinson’s
- Housing Authority employees charged with felony theft
- Possible agreement reached between firefighters and city
- Many migrant children relocating with family
- LaVale woman earns First Year Teacher Award
Garrett County pre-K providers to receive $42,000 in grants
Garrett County providers will receive $442,000 in grants as part of Maryland’s Prekindergarten Expansion Act of 2014.
The Garrett County Community Action Committee Inc. received $112,000 to open up an additional or new pre-K in the southern end of the county and $330,00 to add two elementary schools, Grantsville and Friendsville, to the Judy Center, according to Duane Yoder, president of GCCAC.
- Trapping instruction scheduled
- Learn to hunt small game
- More Local News Headlines