Autumn Eirich walks her dog Sandy along Evitts Creek on Mason Road near Cumberland on Sunday. The area’s first real taste of spring has sent residents flocking to the outdoors in an effort to shake off the winter blues. The high temperature Sunday in Cumberland was 75 degrees.
- Local News
- Oakland motorcyclist in critical condition
- City native earns Senatorial Medal of Freedom
- Repairs planned for Braddock Run behind Lions field
- Roads closed for weekend hill climb
- A boy and a bass
After more than six weeks, lawmakers compromise on veterans health progam
WASHINGTON (AP) — After more than six weeks of sometimes testy talks, House and Senate negotiators have agreed on a compromise plan to fix a veterans health program scandalized by long patient wait times and falsified records covering up delays.
10 things to know for today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
W.Va. board to meet this week to discuss dangerous animals
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — A board tasked with compiling a list of animals that are illegal to keep as pets in West Virginia will consider one that’s shorter than a list suggested earlier.
Media outlets report the state Wild and Dangerous Animal Board will meet on Wednesday as it tries to comply with legislation passed earlier this year.
- We ask ... Should fast food workers earn $15 an hour?
- City woman’s ancestry has links to U.S. military history
- More Local News Headlines