Two people were transported to Western Maryland Regional Medical Center following this accident on U.S. Route 220 near Pinto Road in Bel Air on Tuesday, according to a dispatcher at the Allegany County 911 Center. The Allegany County Sheriff’s Office, Cresaptown fire units and ambulance, State Highway Administration and county fire police were called to the scene of the 4:05 p.m. crash. The road was closed for about two hours. Further information was not available Tuesday night.
- Local News
- Corbett, coal interests rally before EPA hearings
- Journey of Hope to raise over $500,000 for charity
- NIH scientists find new genetic risk factors for Parkinson’s
- Housing Authority employees charged with felony theft
- Possible agreement reached between firefighters and city
- Many migrant children relocating with family
- LaVale woman earns First Year Teacher Award
Garrett County pre-K providers to receive $42,000 in grants
Garrett County providers will receive $442,000 in grants as part of Maryland’s Prekindergarten Expansion Act of 2014.
The Garrett County Community Action Committee Inc. received $112,000 to open up an additional or new pre-K in the southern end of the county and $330,00 to add two elementary schools, Grantsville and Friendsville, to the Judy Center, according to Duane Yoder, president of GCCAC.
- Trapping instruction scheduled
- Learn to hunt small game
- More Local News Headlines