A family of four was displaced on Sunday after fire destroyed their mobile home along Alternate Route 28 in Ridgeley, W.Va. The family was not home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported in 2:40 p.m. blaze. A firefighter is pictured here working to secure the area minutes after flames were extinguished. Ridgeley, Corriganville, Cresaptown and Bowling Green fire departments responded to the call. Another mobile home beside the one damaged on Sunday burned down on New Year’s Eve.
- Local News
First foreign exchange student makes Alco’s 50-year reunion
The rapidly changing environment of the 1960s ushered in many changes, including a new program in Allegany County that brought the first foreign exchange student, Cathy Rogers of Australia, here in August 1963 to attend Allegany High School for a year.
- Hampshire marketplace proposed
- Rocky Gap gets new park manager
- Council to determine if residents must vacate
- Garret County to discuss easements, grants, sewer plan and more
- Look for the YMCA Project AIM bulletin boards
- SBA flood loan center to be opened
- Mineral County issues advisory message
- From tax-free shopping to Frankenstein, August features a weird mix
- City resident wins medals at 2014 Transplant Games
- More Local News Headlines
- First foreign exchange student makes Alco’s 50-year reunion