Pittsburgh Pirates' Pedro Alvarez runs the bases after hitting his solo home run in the fifth inning against the St. Louis Cardinals in Game 1 of baseball's National League division series on Thursday in St. Louis. Alvarez’s homer was the only run for the Bucs in their 9-1 loss. They face the Cardinals again today. See Sports, 1D, for game coverage.
- Local News
Solar energy prospect spurs county to draft initial regulations
A proposed solar energy facility has Allegany County officials in the early stages of developing solar energy system regulations.
Rate hike agreement on table for Pinto, Highland Estates
Only three years after facing one rate increase, water and sewer customers in Pinto and Highland Estates will likely be hit by another increase soon.
Unionization of county paramedics approved
Ken McKenzie, president of the International Association of Fire Fighters Local 1715, offered insight into the plan to bring eight full-time paramedics employed by Allegany County into the union creating a two-agency local.
- Stock market sees worst one-day drop in months
- NTSB: Broken rail behind derailment that killed college students
- Congress heads to summer break as immigration gridlock holds
Three Petersburg residents arrested for alleged involvement in heroin distribution
Three Petersburg residents were arrested on charges contained in a 24-count indictment returned by a federal grand jury that alleges that they were involved in a conspiracy to distribute heroin. A total of nine arrests were made and the heroin distribution occurred from 2008 to July 22, 2014, in the Berkeley, Jefferson, Grant and Hardy counties, according to U.S. Attorney William Ihlenfeld, II.
- SBA flood disaster loans available
- Woman charged in credit card theft
- Council to decide fate of mobile home park
- More Local News Headlines
- Solar energy prospect spurs county to draft initial regulations