Davis Memorial United Methodist Church members Betty Pannone, and Brenda Twigg slice apples to prepare them for making apple butter. Every Wednesday and Thursday for five weeks during the fall, church members and friends use about 65 bushels of apples per week to produce around 200 galons of the spread. This was the final week of the process, concluding the 77th year that the church has been making apple butter, according to members.
- Local News
- Cumberland inmate gets time added to murder conviction
- 'God gave us music'
Maryland county OKs MGM casino at National Harbor
Prince George’s County officials on Monday approved a building plan for a $925 million MGM Resorts International casino and hotel near the nation’s capital on an 8-1 vote, paving the way for MGM to get the permits needed to begin construction.
Mountain State Democrats want two GOP candidates off the November ballot
Facing their toughest election season in decades in the state House, West Virginia Democrats are fighting the inclusion of two GOP state legislative candidates on the November ballot.
Two Mineral primary schools found to be below standards
Burlington and Fountain primary schools, which were audited by the West Virginia Board of Education earlier this year, were found to be persistently below standard in regard to the schools’ and students’ performance and progress standards. However, both schools were also given praise in several areas.
- Simpsons fan sets record with Homer ink
- Local community part of $14M grant package
- Gov. O’Malley to discuss immigration with faith leaders
- Johns Hopkins to pay out $190M to settle lawsuit over secret video recordings
- Perry sending National Guard troops to border
- More Local News Headlines