Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Alleghenies’ hosted its signature fundraiser, Bowl For Kids’ Sake, at The Bowler in LaVale on Saturday afternoon. Pictured, clockwise from top, Avery Wallace of Cumberland bowled for Team Chessie; Jordan Crites, 3, of Cumberland bowled for Team Devlin Manor; and Kayna and Brody Clites, 4, of Bedford, Pa., bowled for Team Kayna. The event, which featured 57 teams, is the group’s largest fundraiser. The nonprofit agency has an annual budget of approximately $100,000, almost all of which stems from local donations, and organizers were hoping to raise about $40,000 on Saturday. Funds raised for the agency stay in the community, serving area children.
- Local News
First foreign exchange student makes Alco’s 50-year reunion
The rapidly changing environment of the 1960s ushered in many changes, including a new program in Allegany County that brought the first foreign exchange student, Cathy Rogers of Australia, here in August 1963 to attend Allegany High School for a year.
- Hampshire marketplace proposed
- Rocky Gap gets new park manager
- Council to determine if residents must vacate
- Garret County to discuss easements, grants, sewer plan and more
- Look for the YMCA Project AIM bulletin boards
- SBA flood loan center to be opened
- Mineral County issues advisory message
- From tax-free shopping to Frankenstein, August features a weird mix
- City resident wins medals at 2014 Transplant Games
- More Local News Headlines
- First foreign exchange student makes Alco’s 50-year reunion