Firefighters with the Cumberland Fire Department participated in the Muscular Dystrophy Association’s annual Fill the Boot fundraiser on Thursday in the city. The firefighters are participating in the annual drive to raise money for the association in front on their station in an effort that concludes today. Pictured here, G.T. Parsons, firefighter/EMT, collects a donation from a passing motorist.
- Local News
- Gun law based on flawed estimate
- Pa. heart transplant recipient sentenced to 35 years in child porn case
Cemetery group renews funding request
A local cemetery organization revived a request for funding from marriage license fees at Thursday’s Allegany County Commission meeting. Backing the request were Del. LeRoy Myers Jr. and the Rev. Alfred Dees of the Metropolitan A.M.E Church.
Airport Authority to put Md. meeting act in bylaws
The Potomac Highlands Airport Authority voted 6-1 on Thursday to add the Maryland Open Meeting Act into their bylaws.
Project AIM discussed at teen pregnancy conference
Attendees at the recent National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Conference in Washington learned about how to maintain a successful project from Sharon Cihlar, sustainability coordinator for the Cumberland YMCA Project AIM.
- Deadly tornado rips through Virginia campground
- Hidden cameras and wild behavior
- Local students receive citation
- Fisher's family: 'We are all shocked'
- Hotline for health services opens Friday
- More Local News Headlines