For the Cumberland Times-News
CUMBERLAND — The Cumberland Parks and Recreation Department will hold the annual City Marbles Tournament at the Constitution Park marble rings Monday and Tuesday.
The girls will compete the first day and the boys on the second day with both tournaments scheduled to begin at 4 p.m., weather permitting.
Participants in both tournaments are champions of their schools. They include:
• John Humbird: Kayla Wamsley and Trevor Stepp.
• Flintstone: Hannah Bullock and Brady Souders.
• West Side: Emily Arnold and Isaiah Frazier.
• Cresaptown: Hailey Jenkins and Jonathan Marquez.
• Mount Savage: Dayna Lashley and Nick Fochtman.
• Braddock Middle: Alexis Lashbaugh and Daniel Brode.
• Washington Middle: Katie Turbin and Brenndan Gibson.
• South Penn: Nevaeh Howard and Avery Spencer.
Returning competitors are Briana Brode, Nicole Morral, Brandon Robinett and Devon Loewendick.
Jeanette Rinehart coordinates the program at both John Humbird and Flintstone. Glenn Jones is at Cresaptown and Mount Savage. Other coordinators include Andy Ferguson, West Side; Barbara Highland, Braddock; Gavin Palumbo, Washington; and Mark Harbaugh, South Penn.
City tournament winners will become eligible to participate in the National Marbles Tournament that is held each year in Wildwood, N.J.
The Cumberland Lions Club has been the longtime sponsor of the boys program, supporting the champion’s participation at the national tournament. The Hot Stove League Bingo and Lawrence and Lynn Kelly sponsor the girls tournament.
Local volunteers and recreation department personnel will conduct the city tournament.