Garry Shanholtz, owner of Shanholtz Orchard on Jersey Mountain Road, Romney, W.Va., stands in the middle of blooming peach trees Thursday afternoon. Shanholtz said the trees are doing well with the recent warmer weather. The orchard is home to about 100 acres of peaches and another 100 acres of apples. Plums, cherries and nectarines are also grown.
- Local News
- City grieves passing of Mark Fisher
- Hotline for health services opens Friday
Keyser City Council working hard to fight blight
The Keyser City Council is working hard to fight blight within the city and is issuing warnings.
“We are not ignoring what we are hearing of the blighted property complaints. We are starting to get into it pretty heavily again,” said Mayor Randy Amtower during the council meeting Wednesday.
- Congregation announces move back to temple
- Steam engine delivered from Baltimore
- Two arrested in Oakland on drug charges
- You can apply now for a Md. bear hunting permit
Veteran Frostburg firefighter new state investigator
Frostburg volunteer firefighter Michael D. Hanson is the newest state fire investigator.
- Work closes portion of Centre Street
- Mathias native heads W.Va. natural resources law enforcement
- More Local News Headlines