for Columbia Gas
CUMBERLAND — The Maryland Public Service Commission will hold a public hearing pertaining to Columbia Gas of Maryland’s application for an infrastructure replacement surcharge Dec. 9 at 7 p.m. in the Allegany Garrett Room of the Holiday Inn.
The surcharge was proposed to cover the cost of replacing aging pipes in Allegany, Garrett and Washington counties and would result in up to $2 a month increase for residential customers. Nonresidential customers would be charged based on use.
Written comments should be submitted by Dec. 16, referencing Case No. 9332 - Public Comment to David J. Collins, Executive Secretary, Maryland Public Service Commission, William Donald Schaefer Tower, 6 St. Paul St., 16th Floor, Baltimore, MD 21202.
- Local News
First foreign exchange student makes Alco’s 50-year reunion
The rapidly changing environment of the 1960s ushered in many changes, including a new program in Allegany County that brought the first foreign exchange student, Cathy Rogers of Australia, here in August 1963 to attend Allegany High School for a year.
- Hampshire marketplace proposed
- Rocky Gap gets new park manager
- Council to determine if residents must vacate
- Garret County to discuss easements, grants, sewer plan and more
- Look for the YMCA Project AIM bulletin boards
- SBA flood loan center to be opened
- Mineral County issues advisory message
- From tax-free shopping to Frankenstein, August features a weird mix
- City resident wins medals at 2014 Transplant Games
- More Local News Headlines
- First foreign exchange student makes Alco’s 50-year reunion