Area Korean War veterans attend the U.S. Army’s 238th birthday celebration at the Army Heritage Education Center in Carlisle, Pa., which was held June 14. From the left are Arthur Karcher, LaVale, who served with the 3rd Infantry Division; Carl Rebele, Swanton, 40th Infantry Division; and Jim Dickel, Mount Savage, who was a medic in the 24th Infantry Division. Dickel was captured and spent 38 months as a prisoner of war in North Korea. The event included participation in a cake-cutting ceremony with Maj. Gen. Anthony Cuculo.
- Local News
- From tax-free shopping to Frankenstein, August features a weird mix
- Council to determine if residents must vacate
- Garret County to discuss easements, grants, sewer plan and more
- Look for the YMCA Project AIM bulletin boards
- SBA flood loan center to be opened
- Mineral County issues advisory message
- City resident wins medals at 2014 Transplant Games
- Love's remains on horizon
- Correctional officer beaten by inmate released from hospital
House GOP weighs new border bill to break logjam
WASHINGTON (AP) — House Republicans are considering a new border security bill that would add more money for the National Guard as leaders frantically try to win over reluctant conservatives.
- More Local News Headlines