A Cumberland Fire Department engine leads the funeral procession for former Chief Russell Livengood down Mechanic Street as it passes Cumberland Fire Headquarters on Saturday. Livengood, who served with the department for more than four decades, was chief of the department for 24 years. He died Wednesday at Western Maryland Regional Medical Center at age 84.
- Local News
- Shooting suspects arrested at Altoona mall
- Firefighters Union wants county paramedics to unionize
Former Redskins owner's granddaughter wants team name change
WASHINGTON (AP) — A granddaughter of the man who named the NFL’s Washington Redskins says the team should change its name.
Directing Allegany County's school bus operation is serious business
On Aug. 25, 130 school buses will begin transporting about 6,000 students on the roads and streets of Allegany County.
- New business opens in Bedford
- Rawlings water funding approved
- A Monthly Summary of Sky Events
- Comprehensive plan vote scheduled
- Manchin reps to meet with veterans
Mount Savage fire caused by faulty outlet
Tuesday’s fire that caused an estimated $30,000 property loss in a residence on Iron Rail Street has been determined to be accidental, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office.
- More Local News Headlines