Leo Yang, Jaime Merrbaugh and Matthew Barkley, students from St. Michael Early Childhood Center, Frostburg, look at gazelle horns Friday during a tour of the Frostburg Science Discovery Center, located in Frostburg State University’s Compton Science Center. The center houses a collection of taxidermy animals from all over the world and was donated to the college by Westernport native Dr. Joseph Cavallaro. For more information or to schedule a tour, visit the website at www.frostburg.edu/fsdc, email email@example.com or call 301-687-4723.
- Local News
- Journey of Hope to raise over $500,000 for charity
- NIH scientists find new genetic risk factors for Parkinson’s
- Housing Authority employees charged with felony theft
- Possible agreement reached between firefighters and city
- Many migrant children relocating with family
- LaVale woman earns First Year Teacher Award
Garrett County pre-K providers to receive $42,000 in grants
Garrett County providers will receive $442,000 in grants as part of Maryland’s Prekindergarten Expansion Act of 2014.
The Garrett County Community Action Committee Inc. received $112,000 to open up an additional or new pre-K in the southern end of the county and $330,00 to add two elementary schools, Grantsville and Friendsville, to the Judy Center, according to Duane Yoder, president of GCCAC.
- Trapping instruction scheduled
- Learn to hunt small game
- Off-road vehicle trail plan moves forward
- More Local News Headlines