Leo Yang, Jaime Merrbaugh and Matthew Barkley, students from St. Michael Early Childhood Center, Frostburg, look at gazelle horns Friday during a tour of the Frostburg Science Discovery Center, located in Frostburg State University’s Compton Science Center. The center houses a collection of taxidermy animals from all over the world and was donated to the college by Westernport native Dr. Joseph Cavallaro. For more information or to schedule a tour, visit the website at www.frostburg.edu/fsdc, email email@example.com or call 301-687-4723.
- Local News
- New business opens in Bedford
- Rawlings water funding approved
- A Monthly Summary of Sky Events
- Comprehensive plan vote scheduled
- Manchin reps to meet with veterans
Mount Savage fire caused by faulty outlet
Tuesday’s fire that caused an estimated $30,000 property loss in a residence on Iron Rail Street has been determined to be accidental, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office.
- Writers to read works in Frostburg
- More than 500 minors fleeing to U.S. housed in PA
- Frostburg street closure announced
Maryland church built in 1773 ravaged by fire
HEBRON, Md. (AP) — Authorities say a 241-year-old church on the National Register of Historic Places has been ravaged by fire in Maryland.
- More Local News Headlines