Aaden, left, and Emma Foster look at one of the spinning wheels featured in the Spinning Wheel Fairy Tales event to be held at the Gordon-Roberts House, 218 Washington St., Cumberland on Feb. 9 from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Participants will hear about spinning wheels written about in fairy tales, try hand spinning and make a spinner game. Refreshments will be served. The event is for children ages 5 and up. Advance ticket purchase is required by contacting the museum at 301-777-8678.
- Local News
- NTSB: Broken rail behind derailment that killed college students
- Congress heads to summer break as immigration gridlock holds
Three Petersburg residents arrested for alleged involvement in heroin distribution
Three Petersburg residents were arrested on charges contained in a 24-count indictment returned by a federal grand jury that alleges that they were involved in a conspiracy to distribute heroin. A total of nine arrests were made and the heroin distribution occurred from 2008 to July 22, 2014, in the Berkeley, Jefferson, Grant and Hardy counties, according to U.S. Attorney William Ihlenfeld, II.
- SBA flood disaster loans available
- Woman charged in credit card theft
- Council to decide fate of mobile home park
- Rate increase agreement on table for Pinto, Highland Estates
- Police investigate arson incidents
- Police locate teen fugitive wanted in three counties
- Agreement on Pinto, Highland Estates water rates
- More Local News Headlines