Work continues to dismantle the old Memorial Bridge, which spanned the Potomac River linking Keyser, W.Va., and McCoole. The structure is being taken down piece by piece, without blasting, due to the proximity of the Potomac River and the new Memorial Bridge that opened in October.
- Local News
- Shooting suspects arrested at Altoona mall
- Firefighters Union wants county paramedics to unionize
Former Redskins owner's granddaughter wants team name change
WASHINGTON (AP) — A granddaughter of the man who named the NFL’s Washington Redskins says the team should change its name.
Directing Allegany County's school bus operation is serious business
On Aug. 25, 130 school buses will begin transporting about 6,000 students on the roads and streets of Allegany County.
- New business opens in Bedford
- Rawlings water funding approved
- A Monthly Summary of Sky Events
- Comprehensive plan vote scheduled
- Manchin reps to meet with veterans
Mount Savage fire caused by faulty outlet
Tuesday’s fire that caused an estimated $30,000 property loss in a residence on Iron Rail Street has been determined to be accidental, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office.
- More Local News Headlines