Katie Turbin, 12, of Cumberland lines up a shot during the City Girls Marbles Tournament at Constitution Park on Monday. The tournament winner was Nicole Morral and Alexis Lashbaugh of Braddock Middle School was runner-up. The outstanding shooter was Brianna Brode. Morral and Brode qualified for the National Marbles Tournament next month in Wildwood, N.J.
- Local News
- Fort Ashby next for 911 addressing
- State recommends community revitalization changes
- It's just a cool period of the summer
- Leads sought in city hit-and-run case
- Independent candidate challenges Delegate Daryl Cowles
10 things to know for today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
Veterans crisis center coming to Clarksburg, W.Va.
CLARKSBURG, W.Va. (AP) — The long delays for veterans seeking medical care at VA hospitals have prompted The American Legion to plan a short-term crisis center in Clarksburg.
- Carnell passes Pitman Crane to Frederick's Crane Service, LLC
Not in my backyard: U.S. sending dirty coal abroad
As the Obama administration weans the U.S. off dirty fuels blamed for global warming, energy companies have been sending more of America’s unwanted energy leftovers to other parts of the world where they could create even more pollution.
- Critter cleanup
- More Local News Headlines