Cumberland Times-News

Local News

July 13, 2014

No injuries in Cumberland house fire

CUMBERLAND — Units from Cumberland and Bowling Green fire departments responded to 418 Beall St., Cumberland Sunday evening after the departments received a report of smoke inside a residence.

According to fire department personnel, dated electrical wiring on the second floor of the residence overheated and caused insulation in the attic to smolder.

Fire crews were on the scene for approximately two hours.

No injuries were reported.

1
Text Only
Local News
Facebook
Must Read
News related video
Denver Celebrates Pot at the County Fair Escaping Email: Inspired Vision or Pipe Dream? Obama Calls on Hamas to Release Israeli Soldier Hispanic Caucus Slams GOP for Border Bill Shifts Obama: GOP Not Even Trying to Solve Immigration Emory Prepares to Treat American Ebola Cases US Employers Add 209K Jobs, Rate 6.2 Pct House GOP Optimistic About New Border Bill Four Rescued From Crashed Plane Clinton Before 9-11: Could Have Killed Bin Laden Couple Channel Grief Into Soldiers' Retreat WWI Aviation Still Alive at Aerodrome in NY Raw: Woman Who Faced Death Over Faith in N.H. Russell Simmons, LL Cool J Visit Youth at Jail Raw: Obama Gets Hug From Special Olympian US, UN Announce Deal on Gaza Cease-Fire Despite Moratorium, Detroit Water Worries Remain Faith Leaders Arrested at DC Deportation Protest Family Dispute Cripples Northeast Grocery Chain CDC Warns Travelers Amid Ebola Outbreak