Allegany College of Maryland students, from left, Ashton Cook, Lacey Williams, Breani Bridges, Alysha Walker and Rebecca Grabenstein, talk with Rick Cooper, ACM professor of nursing and grand marshal, prior to the school’s 51st annual commencement Saturday.
- Local News
- Roads closed for weekend hill climb
- A boy and a bass
After more than six weeks, lawmakers compromise on veterans health progam
WASHINGTON (AP) — After more than six weeks of sometimes testy talks, House and Senate negotiators have agreed on a compromise plan to fix a veterans health program scandalized by long patient wait times and falsified records covering up delays.
10 things to know for today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
W.Va. board to meet this week to discuss dangerous animals
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — A board tasked with compiling a list of animals that are illegal to keep as pets in West Virginia will consider one that’s shorter than a list suggested earlier.
Media outlets report the state Wild and Dangerous Animal Board will meet on Wednesday as it tries to comply with legislation passed earlier this year.
- We ask ... Should fast food workers earn $15 an hour?
- City woman’s ancestry has links to U.S. military history
- Local candidates oppose tobacco tax hike proposal
- Officials urge Marylanders to take precautions
- Bedford Chamber hosts business celebrations
- More Local News Headlines