Jockey Gary Stevens, left, clenches his fist aboard Oxbow, as outrider Clark Kelly guides them to the winner’s circle Saturday after winning the 138th Preakness Stakes horse race at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore. Oxbow upset favorite Orb in the race. For details, turn to the sports section, Page 1D.
- Local News
- Cumberland inmate gets time added to murder conviction
- 'God gave us music'
Maryland county OKs MGM casino at National Harbor
Prince George’s County officials on Monday approved a building plan for a $925 million MGM Resorts International casino and hotel near the nation’s capital on an 8-1 vote, paving the way for MGM to get the permits needed to begin construction.
Mountain State Democrats want two GOP candidates off the November ballot
Facing their toughest election season in decades in the state House, West Virginia Democrats are fighting the inclusion of two GOP state legislative candidates on the November ballot.
Two Mineral primary schools found to be below standards
Burlington and Fountain primary schools, which were audited by the West Virginia Board of Education earlier this year, were found to be persistently below standard in regard to the schools’ and students’ performance and progress standards. However, both schools were also given praise in several areas.
- Simpsons fan sets record with Homer ink
- Local community part of $14M grant package
- Gov. O’Malley to discuss immigration with faith leaders
- Johns Hopkins to pay out $190M to settle lawsuit over secret video recordings
- Perry sending National Guard troops to border
- More Local News Headlines