Children in their Halloween costumes walked the mall Saturday during Cumberland’s annual Halloween Spooktacular. The festivities began on the Downtown Mall, featuring a Halloween DJ, Spooky Pumpkin ride, trick-or-treating and an appearance from the Zombie Flesh Mob. The participants marched in the Costume Parade form the mall to Canal Place. Canal Place featured photo opportunities with the Great Pumpkin as well as Halloween-themed arts and crafts. Izabella Lancaster, above, rides through the Downtown Mall’s trick-or treating in a custom-made ship that completes her pirate costume. Adalynn Twigg, left, dressed as little Red Riding Hood, enjoys some candy she received from area businesses during the trick-or-treating.
- Local News
- Local students receive citation
- Fisher's family: 'We are all shocked'
- Hotline for health services opens Friday
Keyser City Council working hard to fight blight
The Keyser City Council is working hard to fight blight within the city and is issuing warnings.
“We are not ignoring what we are hearing of the blighted property complaints. We are starting to get into it pretty heavily again,” said Mayor Randy Amtower during the council meeting Wednesday.
- City grieves passing of Mark Fisher
- Congregation announces move back to temple
- Steam engine delivered from Baltimore
- Two arrested in Oakland on drug charges
- You can apply now for a Md. bear hunting permit
Veteran Frostburg firefighter new state investigator
Frostburg volunteer firefighter Michael D. Hanson is the newest state fire investigator.
- More Local News Headlines