Bob Candy, right, owner of the Tri-State Zoological Park, and volunteer Tim Squires set up Western Maryland Murray’s groundhog house for Saturday’s Groundhog Day celebration on the downtown mall. The event begins at 6 a.m. and will feature music and activities for children and businesses will run specials throughout the day. The traditional prediction from Murray about winter weather will occur at sunrise with Mayor Brian Grim of Cumberland and Mayor David Gysberts of Hagerstown both offering proclamations.
- Local News
- Stock market sees worst one-day drop in months
- NTSB: Broken rail behind derailment that killed college students
- Congress heads to summer break as immigration gridlock holds
Three Petersburg residents arrested for alleged involvement in heroin distribution
Three Petersburg residents were arrested on charges contained in a 24-count indictment returned by a federal grand jury that alleges that they were involved in a conspiracy to distribute heroin. A total of nine arrests were made and the heroin distribution occurred from 2008 to July 22, 2014, in the Berkeley, Jefferson, Grant and Hardy counties, according to U.S. Attorney William Ihlenfeld, II.
- SBA flood disaster loans available
- Woman charged in credit card theft
- Council to decide fate of mobile home park
- Rate increase agreement on table for Pinto, Highland Estates
- Police investigate arson incidents
- Police locate teen fugitive wanted in three counties
- More Local News Headlines