Oakland home destroyed by fire

An accidental fire caused $150,000 damage to this Gorman Road home Saturday in Garrett County.

Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office

OAKLAND — A fire Saturday in a Gorman Road home was caused by an improperly installed wood stove insert, the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office said.

The 9 a.m. blaze at 8696 Gorman Road caused $100,000 damage to the home and a $50,000 loss in contents.

The fire started in the first-floor living room of the two-story, wood-frame home, fire investigators said.

The home is owned by Lynn Sisler. 

React to this story:

0
1
0
0
0

This Week's Circulars