Cumberland Times-News

Opinion

September 24, 2013

Lions grateful for emergency response to fire at barbecue

The members of the LaVale Lions Club wish to extend our gratitude and thanks to the emergency services responders who came out on Sunday morning, Sept. 8, to put out the fire in the barbecue pit roof at the Lions Den, Lions Field, LaVale.

That includes the fine men and women of LaVale Volunteer Fire Department, Company 2; Corriganville Volunteer Fire Department, Company 5; Bowling Green Volunteer Fire Department, Company 8; Cresaptown Volunteer Fire Department, Company 9; Frostburg Fire Department No. 1, Company 16, and LaVale Rescue Squad, Company 52. They did a great job limiting the damage to the pit roof area and preventing the fire from extending to the main building.

We’re sorry we were not able to serve our Sunday customers, and apologize for having to cancel the October 2013 chicken barbecue. We want say thank you to the many people of our area who support this LaVale tradition; an effort that directly benefits many local, regional and Lions organizations and causes. We look forward to seeing you again next year.

The members of the LaVale Lions Club

1
Text Only
Opinion