MANNS CHOICE, Pa. — Various volunteer fire departments responded to a fire that destroyed a wood shop and attached chicken coop in the 800 block of Orchard Hollow Road in Harrison Township early Thursday afternoon.
No injuries were reported in the 12:37 p.m. incident and units were on the scene for three hours.
Shawnee Valley Assistant Fire Chief Dave Hershberger said the cause of the fire will be investigated by the State Fire Marshal’s Office.
The 40- by 80-foot shop and its contents of tools, welding equipment and building supplies were destroyed. Three chickens perished in the fire but most were saved by firefighters.
Approximately 30 volunteer firefighters from Shaw-nee Valley, Bedford, Alum Bank, New Baltimore and Hyndman volunteer fire departments responded, according to the Bedford County 911 center.