Cumberland Times-News

March 23, 2013

Electrical wiring said fire cause - 03/27


Cumberland Times-News

— CUMBERLAND — No injuries were reported as a result of Friday’s house fire at 236 Bond St. that caused an estimated $15,000 damage to the structure and $5,000 to contents, according to fire officials.

The 3:11 p.m. blaze was ruled accidental and was blamed on short circuits in the electrical wiring of the first-floor ceiling, officials said. Fire damage was primarily sustained in two second-story bedrooms.

The house is owned by Nancy Plummer but occupied by Jerry McCullough and Leighann Carroll. Officials said no insurance was carried on the structure and the occupants had no insurance on the contents.

In addition to the Cumberland Fire Department, volunteers from Ridgeley and Bowling Green responded to the call along with the American Red Cross and Allegany County Fire Police.