Cumberland Times-News

December 20, 2012

Firefighters called to LaVale residence - 12/21


Cumberland Times-News

— LAVALE — An outside electrical fire sent smoke into a Witt Lane residence late Thursday morning but no one was injured.

The occupants safely left the residence when the fire occurred at about 11:10 a.m., according to the Allegany County 911 center.

LaVale, Corriganville and Ellerslie volunteer firefighters responded after an apparent electrical malfunction occurred in some Christmas decorations, said a 911 dispatcher.

LaVale volunteers re-mained at the scene at about noon awaiting the arrival of a Potomac Edison crew.