Cumberland Times-News

July 17, 2013

City fire ruled accidental - 07/18

Cumberland Times-News

— CUMBERLAND — The early-morning fire Sunday at 223 Massachusetts Ave. started in the downstairs living room due to an electrical problem with an appliance plugged into a floor outlet, according to Cumberland Fire Marshal Lt. Shannon Adams.

The 4:37 a.m. accidental fire caused $60,000 structural damage to the home of the Darrell Lee Powell family and $30,000 damage to the home’s contents.

The home was not occupied at the time.

The family is being assisted by the American Red Cross.