CUMBERLAND — A flue fire erupted in a home at 11407 Valley Road on Wednesday morning, causing the residents to be displaced.
The one-story, wood-framed, single-family home owned by Daniel Tanasescu sustained an estimated $2,500 in structural and contents damage, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office.
Fire departments re-sponding to the 9:49 a.m. blaze were Bowman’s Addition, Bedford Road, Corriganville and Baltimore Pike.
The damage was limited to the basement of the home where the fire apparently extended out of a basement cleanout spreading to combustible items kept in storage.
Deputy Fire Marshal Jason Mowbray has determined the cause as accidental with no injuries being reported.
The blaze was discovered by the occupants, who have been temporarily displaced due to the damage.